POLAR Data Access (PDA)
Interface to connect POLAR high-speed cutters to MIS/BDA systems Interface to connect POLAR high-speed cutters to MIS/BDA systems
PDA is a non-proprietary interface that collects current operating data of a POLAR PRO high-speed cutter in a largely automated manner and transmits it to Postpress Data Ready or to an existing MIS system of the printing or bookbinding company.
At cyclical intervals, a defined set of operating data is written to an XML or CSV file and sent to the user's server. There they are stored in a defined location. The MIS system can access these files and read out the data records.
The files with the job-related data are transferred via File Transfer Protocol (FTP over SSL, FTPS) from the cutting machines (FTP clients) to the user system (FTP server).
- More efficient capacity planning
- Production optimisation by uncovering further savings potentials
- Cost reduction through less search efforts and more efficient staff deployment
- No double production data acquisition
- No additional hardware outside the machine necessary
- Compatible wit Postpress Data Read