Streamlining in the finishing process requires production runs which are automated to a large degree. For POLAR, progress is equivalent to customer satisfaction. and we design the workflow concepts which meet the demands of the market. The development of components and systems serves to automate the working processes, increase the performance and reduce the cycle times.
The lifting of material piles and their automatic loading with POLAR stack lifts and loading equipment eases the operators' work and speeds up the production flow considerably.
When the cutting material is accurately prepared with integrated measurement of the quantity of sheets, for example in a jogging process with simultaneous weighing, you achieve an excellent quality and a proof of the quantity.
Buffering / Transporting
When the cutting material is transported fast and with utmost precision throughout the cutting process, the efficiency is increased while costs are saved. Gripper-loading systems, conveyor units, tilting or transfer tables ensure that even heavy reams will almost float and the work can be done without fatigue.
- POLAR Air-board lift - for compensating different cycle times during the cutting process >
- POLAR Piling-board shelf - for compensating different cycle times during the cutting process >
- POLAR Pressing station - forms compact reams by pressing the air off the material to be cut. >
- Turning gripper POLAR Autoturn - automatically turns and aligns uncut reams on the rear table of the cutting machine. >
- Gripper loading system POLAR Autotrans - takes the prepared cutting ream from a peripheral unit, e. g. a buffer table, automatic jogger or piling-board shelf. >
- POLAR Conveyor units - are meant for the ergonomic transport and buffering of material to be cut. >
POLAR high-speed cutters (sometimes also called guillotine, cutter or paper-cutter in the graphic arts industry) meet the highest demands, both as a basic model or as the heart of an automatic cutting system for processing paper, paperboard, cardboard or plastics. A high number of options allow to tailor the system to the customer's wishes.
- Cutting machine POLAR D 56 - Compact cutting machine, programmable entry-level model, network capable >
- Cutting machine POLAR D 66 - Compact cutting machine, sturdy, cutting width up to 67 cm >
- Cutting machine POLAR D 80 - Compact cutting machine, top-of-the-range model with a cutting width of 80 cm >
- High-speed cutter POLAR N 78 - Already in the 11th generation - the classic entry-level model >
- High-speed cutter POLAR N 92 - With a model for price-sensitive investors >
- High-speed cutter POLAR N 115 - Best-selling POLAR high-speed cutter worldwide >
- High-speed cutter POLAR N 137 - The basis for all highly-automated PACE systems >
- High-speed cutter POLAR N 155 - The successful model for offset class 100 x 140 >
- High-speed cutter POLAR N 176 - The biggest model of the 11th machine generation >
- High-speed cutter POLAR TwinClamp - conceived especially for cutting materials in securities printing >
- Automatic cutter POLAR Autotrim M - cuts strips into labels fully automatically >
- Automatic cutting machine POLAR Autocut 25 - the key component of the DC-11, DCC-11 and SC-25 LabelSystems for the efficient production of die-cut labels >
- Automatic cutting machine POLAR Autocut 115 - for the highly-automated production of square-cut labels on LabelSystem SC-21 >
- POLAR 3-Side Trimmer BC 330 - the Book Cutter >
Die-cutting is a creative process which comes up to the trend. Die-cut labels are real marketing instruments, because a typical shape is a distinctive feature for active sales products.
- System die-cutter POLAR DC - uses the puncture principle and is suitable for all common label papers >
- System die-cutter POLAR DCC - uses counterpressure and is therefore particularly well-suited to special materials, such as plastic, metal foils and large label shapes >
- Stand-alone die-cutter POLAR DC-M and DCC-M - are perfectly suited for semiautomatic off-line production of labels. >
The material is unloaded and directly piled onto pallets. Intermediate or finished products, complete sheets or sections: POLAR has the perfect component for any kind of job!
Banding is a key process step especially when dealing with small-size labels or postcards. Offering very short setup times and a convenient operation POLAR's line of banding machines guarantee perfect banding results.
- Multi-Station Bander POLAR BM-105 - meant for the automatic banding of cut label stacks in POLAR LabelSystems SC-20 / SC-21 >
- Multi-Station Bander POLAR BM-105M - a component for banding cut label stacks. It can be placed direct against any high-speed cutter. >
- Single-Station Bander POLAR BD - a component of a POLAR LabelSystems DC. It automatically bands labels. >
- BSduo two-up banding device - for automatically banding square-cut label stacks within POLAR LabelSystem SC-25 >
Networking with P-Net.
Compucut® streamlines the cutting work by an automated program generation which uses the data generated in the prepress stage. The result: ZERO set-up time.
- Compucut® - Current version 5.0.8 - Compucut® ensures intelligent exchange of data between prepress and postpress >
- ESPV - External cutting program administration >
- IntelliKnife - The first intelligent knife for high-speed cutters is the result of a cooperation between the family Hagedorn and Polar as technology partners. >
- POLAR Data Access (PDA) - Interface to connect POLAR high-speed cutters to MIS/BDA systems >
Pile turning in press and post-press.
POLAR pile turners turn, air and align the cutting material. They save space and time and for that reason speed-up working processes and cut costs.
- Pile Turner PW-1 - Fast and automatic turning of half-size format >
- Pile Turner PW-4 - Easy and automatic turning of medium-size format >
- Pile Turner PW-4 ABV - Automatic turning with airing and aligning features of medium-size format >
- Pile Turner PW-6 ABV - Automatic turning with airing and aligning features of format size 6 >